Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stator is shot. Looking for a replacement number (my royal distributing catalogue only lists machine 2000 and newer and don't list any panthers at all) or a place that can rebuild it? I live in northern ontario, canada.

Thanks in advance for any help, pointers or info!! :)

·
Registered
26,233 Posts
The 91 doesn't have an actual stator! Good news is they have replaceable coils! So what is it that tells you it's shot?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welp, I replaced the voltage regulator, cdi, ignition coil, plugs, wires, and bypassed the kill switch and still get no spark.

I disconnected the stator wires and put the ohmeter to it and I read "1" on ever connection so there isn't any continuity in there.
I then pulled the recoil and inspected it with my flashlight and I can see a broken wire on one section, and a disconnected wire on another.

I would have had the stator out last night but I didnt have any 1/4" NF bolts long enough in my shop to for the puller. I am going to the store shortly and pick up the bolts i need and then will be pulling the stator. I hope to take a picture and post it here.

So if your saying it doesnt have a stator per se, I can replace the coils on this thing I'm going to pull out?

Also, when we test for no spark and the recoil is pulled, the headlight does light up. I'm not going to lie, I have no idea at this point what the problem might be. I'm pulling the stator for a closer look because I dont know what else it could possibly be.

If you have any info man I would REALLY appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts