Snowmobile Forum banner

91 Indy sport 440 lighting issues

387 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Coolhand 
#1 ·
So recently bought this sled the sun would come in and out and the bright always worked the taillight worked but not the brake and the bad warmers and tack and dash lights work. Now a couple days ago I lost all lights but sled runs great still now riding it today the hand warmers dash lights came back and at once the headlight came on but only dim and shut back off a few minutes later but dash lights tack and thumb warmers working. Is it a bad volt regulator I haven’t noticed on any other sled but I can see a orange bright type light like a short possible inside the glue of the regulator is that normal or is it shorting out

#2 ·
Check all wiring, grounds, anything that looks suspect. Some of the wiring for the brake lights is underneath the seat. I would replace Voltage Regulator after that. Also no if you are seeing a short inside the glue of the VR then it is most likely shorting out and not working correctly. They are not that expensive around 5-15 dollars. Amazon might even carry them if you want it for Monday or Tuesday and of course the stealerships near you should have them as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.