Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
90 polaris indy 500 engine problems pls help!

I got this snowmobile from my cousin a few years ago and he said there was a racing clutch and spring in it (blue spring)it engages at 6000 rpm or so. This year i decide to get a new stock spring(silver) after i install it it still engages at very high rpm i was wondering since he had changed the weights as well if i changed them back to stock would this be the problem or could it be something else the new spring didnt change the engagement rpm at all

thanks guys for responding about my clutch question but i found out its not running right at all i thought it was last years fuel but i drained the old out of tank, carbs and lines. and put in new stuff (92 octane)now it seems to bog down just like before and seems its running out of gas and i cant find the problem i was wondering if my fuel pump could not be giving enough fuel cause its never been rebuilt since ive had it. Or could i just need a carb rebuild even though my dad rebuilt it last year and it still had the same problem with not running right. Also the overheating light comes on right when i start it and it smokes alot. i have the airbox removed and some gas comes out the intake on the screws on the bottom

·
Registered
183 Posts
Heavier weights might also drop your top rpm, you can change the primary clutch spring to lower the engagment rpm. EPI sends 2 primary springs with thier Pro kits and it's for tuning the engagment rpm. shane

1 - 3 of 3 Posts