Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 90 panther 440 2 up as a garage project with the aim to rebuild and ice fish for next year.

This machine has been sitting in a yard for the last year (after the previous owner got drunk and flipped it) so I have my work cut out for me.

Now the machine has 120 in each cylinder and I changed the voltage regulator and cdi with brand new ones.
Still no spark. After surfing the boards I learned and will be bypassing the tss and the kill switch this coming weekend to try and get spark.

My main concern is actually the choke in the carb. The end of the choke cable in the carb is stuck. I mean stuck in there. I can't get it out to install the new choke cable. How the heck do I get it out? Do I have to replace the entire carb? Just looking for some advice so I have some direction when I get back to the garage this weekend.

Thanks in advance guys!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
is the piece broke off the cable? if its still connected id squirt some penatrating oil on it let is soak for a while then try to get it out

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the cable is broken off. Not entirely sure how to get it out. I have a new choke cable but not that lil end that rides in the tube in the carb.

·
Registered
168 Posts
well the piece is brass. can you feel any movement at all of it?

i cant remember what the top of the little piece looks like but maybe you can grab it with needlenose pliers and twist and pull.....if not

I think id try and solder something to it that i could use to twist and pull it out. Like maybe an old screwdriver or a piece of heavy wire.

or if your good with a dremel grind you a grove so you can turn it like a screw and spray wd-40 on once you can get it to spin and work it a little turn the carb upside down and a little tap on the side it should come out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts