Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '89 Ovation that I recently restored (with a lot of help) but the engine is overheating so bad that the spark plugs are too hot to touch after half an hour of riding. Does anyone know what I should look at to fix it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, I took the shrouds off and there was a mouse nest blocking airflow, but I think something broke when it overheated and now I have no spark.
So I can't check if that solves the issue. I'll start a new thread for that issue so it's separate from this one.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My apologies for my ignorance.. I guess I not understanding... Plugs are hot after roughly 30 minutes of riding? That's pretty normal. What exactly is it doing or was it doing when it overheated?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just riding around at slow speeds. (max. 20 MPH.) Also, while pouring gas into the cylinders to get it started it dripped on the block and boiled (yikes) and my friend told me that his sled never got anywhere near that hot after riding for hours. Also, the plugs were REALLY hot, if I touched them for more than a second I would start to get burned.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know, I just thought they were supposed to stay cooler than that with the fan, since when they get hot the block will warp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts