Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 SRV which I really love, What do you guys think I could do to that sled to make it faster top end wise and outta' the whole... It only has like 2500 miles on it, and its in pretty good condition, what could I do in the off season to spruce it up ALOT but still make it trailable?
Whats the most you could bore one of these sleds over? and how much power do you think it would give you? How many horse do the stock 540's make? With that a 38mm Mikuni Roundslide bored to a 39.5, and some miscelannious cables and such, bored over quite a bit, wiesco pistons, AAEN? pipe or what brand? and a decent clutch kit, think that would make like 100% diff in power all around?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Boring will add no noticable power, pipes and clutch would help most if you can find any. Use the "Pro-Lite" pistons from Wiesco if available. I doubt it could be made so fast it was no longer "Trailable" and 100% more power would mean a much newer sled with at least 800cc. Good Luck, shane

·
Registered
53 Posts
psi pipe
reeds really wake it up
108 comet works really well on it
decent track with some lug to it...
u can make a cold air intake for the fan offa using phazer intake piece and cut it down and trim a elongated square outta the hood and it fits pretty good... i found mine kept heating up till i did this...i can see if i can get some pics of it...

i have a 84 srv with a psi racing pipe, 108exp comet i got offa ebay cheap easily tuneable, a used artic cat track with some lug to it for now,boyesen reeds waked it up big time, replaced the front left mount with a solid one it kept breaking after mods now she'll launch with skis hanging,

i just picked up a pair of 38mm mikunis offa ebay and i'm gonna use one to replace my butterfly carb, i'm looking into plastic skis to get rid of some weight, gonna make some track lowering brackets. they hang below the running boards giving u some more lift instead of having them above the running board..phazers came like this but i dont know why they didnt do it to srv's??? and i'm gonna get a newer and more agressive track...probably a 1'' any bigger and u start loosing speed the sled just doesnt have enough power... these sleds can really move for older sleds...i have more fun playing with older sleds they are cheaper to fix and u dont bust a nut if u wanna mod or cut up some stuff...lol just to give u some ideas :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts