Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! Im looking to get into the Artic Cat field and am on a budget. I have been looking at early 90s Wildcats. What is your opinion and what upgrades would you recogmend?

·
Registered
49 Posts
What's your budget?

Granted I'm a little biased because I already own a '90 WC! My sled still keeps up with and even passes some of the newer machines that I ride with. The guys give me a hard time about not buying a new sled, but they've all taken a ride on my WC and like the "old school" speed! :D

Those Wildcats were quite the HotRod back in the day. The 650's when dialed in are fast and the 700's were even stronger! The major drawback is the fuel mpg isn't the best.

Right now I'm waiting for parts to arrive so I can finish doing the top-end job. I might be putting mine up for sale once I get done.

If I keep it for another Season here's the 3 updates I plan to do:
  • Install plastic skis
  • Install a '97 or newer ZR suspension
  • Install a 1" or better track (for decent traction in the powder)

Maybe someone else can chime in with more upgrade ideas? Is there's a way to gain more AFS front suspension travel (maybe taller shocks?)

Attachments

·
Mad Snowshoveler
537 Posts
I would say if your looking to get into snowmobiling and have a limited budget (who doesn't now a'day's?) the wildcat is a great place to look. You can buy them for a low price and they seem to last forever!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts