Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1989 440 jag with about 2700 miles. ran it all last year and ran great. this year went to start it and it would idle fine but when i go to give it gas it will only bog, and it will back fire once in a while. I have put a new gas filter, plugs, fresh gas, cleaned carbs, checked exhaust and air box for mice nest. I noticed that the gas was just barley running into the new fuel filter. tested the fuel pump and thought it wsa bad, bought a new full pump repair kit. still bogs. changed all the fuel lines thinking there might be a craked line i was mising. still boging. the fuel is still just barley coming into the filter, so i am not sure if the fuel pump is working or not. any other suggestions. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started the jag agian, just idles, i tryed choking it when it was running , no change, same as before. thanks

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Take the fuel line off the carb and pull it over. Fuel should shoot out of the line a foot or so, if not, the pump is AFU or there's a blockage in the tank.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Maybe there is a hole in the impulse line going from the engine to the pump.The fuel filter in backwards,or the tank vent blocked. I hope this helps!
Tyler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts