Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions i am hoping to have answered for me.First with my dual exhaust pipes.Should I have a single can for my pipes?Right now they have individual cans.It looks like the pipes have been modified to fit with these individual cans do to the springs holding them together and all the welds.Will this affect my performance or is there anything I should be concerned about with this set up?2nd question is my threaded stem for my coolant temperature probe broke off and the wire is not connected.Can I thread something into this and fix it without buying a new one or is there something else I can do? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Those are repackable silencers, actually lighter and quieter than stock.
You can replace the temp sender with one you can get at an auto supply store.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply RJ.Another quick question,It seems like I am leaking a lot of exhaust at the weld joints.Should I wrap them with like Heat tape or something like that?Won"t I lose performance with the leaks? Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice RJ.I did go to the auto parts store and get a new temperature sender.It is not exactly the same as before,but hoping it will work.I did have to change the wire connection to accommodate the new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts