Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted in the ski doo section an no replys so far. so maybe some engine guy in this section can help me out a little... long story short got a 521 started missing last year found the suction line for the fuel pump very loose and barely hanging on, well needless to say that cylinder (magneto side) had no comp. started tearing it down and the top ring groove and ring are completely gone and imbeeded in the head and what not... just wondering if the fuel line is possibly the entire problem or am i looking for somthing else... if you read my thread in the ski doo section you may be able to get a little more info... i wanna bring this sled back to life because it is in good shape for an 87 but i dont wanna keep spending money.... i gotta line on two standard jugs n pistons plus a head for $300 plus i still need a gasket set.. so at this point im looking at about $350

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i willl try n get some pics but i just went to the before u post a problem section at the top.. and in the piston diagnoses section the piston loooks like the ash trash picture so maybe it jst was that suction line being loose which is a bonu but i still need two jugs n pistons n a head... the ones i got now r .050 over so obviously i cant find a used fifty over jug n piston so im gonna go back to stock bore n work my way back up to .050 as it blows up again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts