Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody I have a yamaha phazer that i just rebuild from ground up.i took it out water skipping out on the river and i was rippin up and down water patches and then out of no where my sled starts to stutters on the water i started to go down i then the sled started runnin right and got it off water and on land and it would not move when i tryed to ride it. So i turned it off and let it cool down for a bout a hour and started right up and run good took it out on the watter and started to do it a gain i think it overheating because i saw some smoke coming out the hood but it was the pipe burnn on the form on the hood and i put a new cdi, coil in it and still does it and the stator new to Please Help me everyone:mad: i Wanna ride

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Snowmobiles are meant for snow. That's your only issue here. I'm assuming this is fancooled... you probably sucked some water into your flywheel and got it into the engine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Dont Think because i sealed the bottom of the belly pan and inside the is dry as can be and i alway water skip this sled

·
Registered
477 Posts
I agree, keep it on the snow. It is fun but some sleds don't like it. Water will get into places inside your sled that snow can't. If all your doing is skipping across water then with your sled being fan cooled and not having a load on the engine it will get real hot. Carefull how long you do that for cause you might cook the engine. If your pipe is burning the foam under the hood then that could be an indicator, that baby is gettin HOT.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even when am not on water and riding trails it does it to but when am on the trails it worse i have to stop a half hour and then go and only make it like 3 miles and i does it again

·
Registered
255 Posts
Outside chance the seals going bad in bottum end. The first Phazer I bought would do that. I could ride around for a while, but once engine warmed up it would act up. My seals were shot. Just a shot. Not sure what others think about that. You may start it and check for leaks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How would i check to see am there bad or not

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How Would I Check That

·
Registered
477 Posts
Either go ahead and tare the engine down and replace the seals or the old spray the seals with cleaner trick will work on the pto side but won't work for the mag side unless your can get cleaner down in behind your magnito. The spray trick needs to be done with the engine running of course. Or you can do what is called a leakdown test. This requires a special kit with plugs for you intake and exhaust and a special gage. There is a little bit involved to do this prosess. The basics are that you plug off all openings to the motor and shoot compressed air into the engine through a special fitting and if the gage starts to drop pressure then you have an air leak. This involves removing your carbs or carb and exhaust. If you deside to do a leakdown test im sure myself or someone on this forum will walk you through the details.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone i will try that tomorrow and ge back to you guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts