Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am quite stumped at what has happened to my sled. Sounded and felt like it was running on one cylinder so stopped to take a look. The sled quit. When pulling it over and checking plugs it would only start when the left side plug was out or disconnected from the cap. Tried replacing the plugs, wires and caps and now nothing. I Can’t get it to start and don’t see any spark from either plug.
thanks

·
Super Moderator
62 Posts
Check the compression. Easy check is to put a finger over each spark plug hole and pull the cord. You should have lots of pressure coming out. Just remember all a engine really is a air pump (with gas added and controlled fire)

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the compression. Easy check is to put a finger over each spark plug hole and pull the cord. You should have lots of pressure coming out. Just remember all a engine really is a air pump (with gas added and controlled fire)

Steve
We have checked the compression and It is good on both sides. Both cylinders are also getting gas.

·
Super Moderator
62 Posts
No spark - ok pull the connector off the main switch - also try to pull the plug for the kill switch - maybe one is shorted - but based on your comments at first you'll probably have to look at the stator ohms at the plug and possibly a bad cdi box

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No spark - ok pull the connector off the main switch - also try to pull the plug for the kill switch - maybe one is shorted - but based on your comments at first you'll probably have to look at the stator ohms at the plug and possibly a bad cdi box

Steve
Ok will try those next weekend. Really hoping it’s not the stator. Fingers crossed it’s the main switch or kill switch shorting out! Thank you for the suggestions. I will let you know how it goes.
Try just swapping out the external coil

No stator just individual coils under the flywheel
Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It ended up being a short in the ignition wires. Once we fixed the connections it ran perfect! Thank you all for your suggestions!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts