Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2020 XC 850
137" all stock..I was thinking about putting in a Can Exhaust..I personally don't have a problem with doing the work to swap it out .My question is , does it require additional tuning or adjustment. Thanks
Trailtramp

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Yes it can require carburetor tuning, clutching and who knows what else. Only place that will know is the manufacture that makes it. I keep saying this because it is true...Spending a few hundred dollars on a can is it worth it in the long run for 1-2mph? Not too mention the fact your exhaust may be louder now which will conflict with local DNR in your state. Clutching, reeds & cage should be the first go to on that sort of stuff.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
There ya go I wondered if that 850 wasn't FI. Then yep most likely a ECU flash as well. To me doing a can or exhaust is not worth it on a trail snowmobile considering the amount of issues you can run into. Now racing is totally different as you are building an engine from the ground up for that sort of thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok ..thanks for the replies..I kinda had a feeling that it wouldn't be worth it ..I mean kool sound ain't worth the hassle for bringing on un-do attention..and I certainly don't want to take chances on fkn up the engine.
Happy Trails fellows..or should I say
.Happy Days for us all ...real soon:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts