Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother tried taking the sled down the road after cleaning out the carb and replacing fuel lines and here is the issue. It idles fine but give it any gas and it wants to die. He thinks its the throttle safety kill switch thats attached to the carb (if thats what its called) giving us issues.

Any idea how to bi-pass this? or thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
find the wires on the carbs and there should be bullet connector type plugs. unplug them from the carbs and plug them back into themselves. just for fun, plug the carbs' wires back into themselves.

do a search in this forum for my explanation on TORS. same principals apply but i dont think your sled has the switch at the throttle flipper.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not have the switch at the throttle flipped. Its on the carb. I know it worked prior to removal so it just must not be adjusted right. what is the easiest method to adjust it? Again thanks for the response and ill look up tors.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
just by pass it as described for troubleshooting purposes. i think the idle adjustment screw passes all the way through the switch body and the actual switch mechanism is located at the very bottom of the housing. should just be a compression fit rubber block into the mounting bracket holding the switch itself. hopefully you didnt remove it during your cleaning.
sounds more like a starve for fuel. usually the tors switch will kill spark or retard the cdi.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is just a little rubber button and no I never removed that during the carb cleaning. I just unplugged the 2 wires and connected them upon installation. My brother said he tried unplugging the 2 wires but then the sled wouldn't start so your probably right it killed the spark. Tomorrow ill unplug the wires and connect the 2 together coming from the carb. The sled is at his place and not mine otherwise I'd do it now. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tonight I bi-passed the TORS. First I tried connecting the wires to itself directly on the carb but that wouldn't work so then I connected the wires that come from the handlebars and that did the trick.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
yea, the carbs dont care. its the wires leading to the cdi that matter. i normally suggest that you connect both pairs back into themselves to avoid confusion and hanging wires. glad you figured it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts