Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Polaris
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the motor feel tight and it felt like it seized last year in the field. thought the pistons were shot, but both cylinders had compression and i full choked it from sitting a year and it started up. I wanted to clean the carbs, check fuel pump and change the fuel lines before riding. When the carbs were off I checked the oil pump function. I didnt see oil coming out of the nipples in the intake flange.
I took the oil lines off and poked a metal wire through and blew air through lines, took off incoming resovoir line and it flowed freely, checked resovior vent line, and hooked back up. the nipples in the intake flange were not pumping oil. I then took off the lines from oil pump, and saw 1 squirt of oil out of each pump hole after about 10 pulls. On my other polarises oil pumps out faster as I hold the throttle open and pull over the engine. I have not taken an oil pump off. will it need to be taken off and checked?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.