Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 82 skidoo citation that i juss bought.it ran perfect.i brought it home sat in the driveway for a week and i moved down to the shed. about a week later i hooked up a tailight to it.I started it up and it would idle fine and when i gave it some gas it would bog out. Can someone please help me.
Corey Pratt

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hillbelly try removing the float bowls and clean the main jets,its sounds like they could be gummed up.Reason#1 at idle it runs fine because the demand for fuel is low#2when you start to apply throttle it bogs because the demand for fuel is greater but because the mainjets might be plugged it starves the motor causing to bog.Also when running make sure the all pipes get hot if not change plug could be fouled causing same scenario.And last but not least when storing your sled for either a short time or extended periods use some fuel stabilizer,run it through the entire fuel system for about 5 minutes ensuring that it runs through the carbs etc,this fuel stabilizer will prevent an further gumming up of the fuel system,that way when you want to start it up at your convience it shouldn't be an inconvience anymore.:)

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
^ yeah what he said :D ....

that should sove your problem

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi thanks for the suggestions but i looked at the carb and it seems to be clean..but i think it may have had to do with the coil or c.d.i unit because now i have no spark and i bought new
plugs and still nothin
Corey Pratt

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Did you actually check for spark? Ground the side of the plug against the engine and pull it over. It should have a bright blue spark and you should be able to hear the snap sound. If no spark or it is yellow in color, it's probably the CDI.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Could also be your wire and plug boot check the resistance before you spend the money on the CDI.:)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
smallengineguy said:
Did you actually check for spark? Ground the side of the plug against the engine and pull it over. It should have a bright blue spark and you should be able to hear the snap sound. If no spark or it is yellow in color, it's probably the CDI.
yes i did check for spark and got nothing...i juss dun wanna spend 60 bux plus tax and then that not be the problem its tickin me off

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey i think it may be the coil because yestarday my sisters boyfriend came ove and hes a mechanic and said that thats probaly all it is.So thanks again for all the help guys
Corey Pratt

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it's not the coil :( ..i bought a new one yestarday and still have no spark...so i gonna bring that back probaly tommorrow and get a cdi unit..if that dun work i gonna have to bring it to a mechanic cause it's too much for me to tear the engine apart..
Corey Pratt:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got spark again:) ...the new plugs i been buyin for som reason have no spark but the old ones do...i got it running and i back to it bogging out again:( when i give any throttle....the carb is clean and i played with the jets and still nuttin so any more suggestions guys.
Corey Pratt

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yah i have the back held up with a board the plugs have spark...not sure if it is good spark dun know the difference.....the plugs are wet yes

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok i will try some more new plugs...i have bought new plugs but the new ones have no spark and my old ones do so i dunno bout that...i gonna buy them from power sports this time

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i got to run but it bogs out....it's not gettin enough fuel...when i prime it and give it throttle it runs right...so thats wat i think any one have any suggestions to why it might not be gettin enough fuel..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts