Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOT A CHANCE TO BUY AN 81 JAG 3000 FAN COOLED WITH 1200 ORIGINAL MILES MINT CONDITION. ANY CLUE WHAT THIS WOULD BE WORTH? ANYBODY EVER OWN ONE ,WONDERING IF THEY WERE A GOOD MACHINE?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
beavernutts said:
GOT A CHANCE TO BUY AN 81 JAG 3000 FAN COOLED WITH 1200 ORIGINAL MILES MINT CONDITION. ANY CLUE WHAT THIS WOULD BE WORTH? ANYBODY EVER OWN ONE ,WONDERING IF THEY WERE A GOOD MACHINE?
Once you get into a sled that old, the prices stay pretty steady, even though Kelly Blue Book prices still drop year after year. I'd expect to pay anywhere from $500- $800 for an 81 Jag in mint condition. That's way more than it is "worth" but that's about what I see for selling prices in Western NY. I'm looking at a local '80 Jag now. It's not mint, but it's in pretty decent shape. The guy wants $500 for it. Decent sleds just don't get much lower than that in price.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
those old jags are tanks. go check it out and see if you notice anything wierd about it. see if you can hear it run

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I ended up getting the '80 I was looking at, for $500. Starts first or second pull, sounds great running. Had a new track 2 years ago, and all new bearings last season. It has a few scratches on the cowling, and needs a new seat cover, but other than that, it's a pretty nice machine. Oh, and mine has over 6000 miles on it.

Like someone else mentioned; even with 1200 original miles, it will depend a lot on how it was maintained. The guy I bought from had a garage full of Cats, and knew how to maintain them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts