Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Not sure but maybe someone can help me.
I have a 81 el'tiger arctic cat 6000 500cc liquid. The sled runs great when you first start it up and let it reach normal operating temp and then take it out. It has all the power in the world when you first start out. After about 15 mins of normal driving there is a noticeable loss of power. At the start full throttle would work and it would run great. After about the 15 mins it would decrease to about 3/4 throttle and the rest of the way it seems that it just floods. This continues to the point that the machine wont even move or idle and shut off. Some say it is compression, so I changed the rings and pistons. All new gas lines thinking air could be getting in somewhere.
Not sure if its possible that the jets are not set right? It seems to have something to do with the temperature. When its colder out side I can drive it for longer before it starts to loose power.
Some say its possible that the seals are gone on the crank case and that is causing it?
Any help or idea would be great.
Thanks
steve

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Leaky seals cause it to lean out. What do your spark plugs look like? Are they soaked? Are the chokes stuck on? That would explain why it runs longer in colder weather. Make sure the chokes are operating correctly, as they will dump WAY too much fuel into it if they are stuck on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts