Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 XCSP with the M-10 and PERC, during initial engagement to either foward or reverse, there is a loud clink either coming from the M-10 or the clutch/helix. Is this common? I have heard the same noise coming from all buddies SKI-DOO's with Electronic reverse?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the PERC, but more to do with the TEAM clutches. Mine has done it from new, dealer said it was normal. I researched it a little, and all research comes up as the noise as being normal. The driven clutch has lateral movement on the shaft that is part of the design, and I think this is where the noise comes from. Sometimes it also does if you brake / slow down quickly, stop, then pull away again. My2cents

·
"It's Only Money"
310 Posts
Mind you, I only had a chance to put 73 miles on my new 600 before I had to put it away and head back to Korea, but mine did the same thing. The "klunk" mainly happened after I came from reverse back into forward. If I eased into the gas, after using reverse, it wasn't nearly as bad. Owners manual did recommend easing into the gas after shifting to either direction. Funny thing is, I read that after the 73 Miles.:rolleyes: Anyway enjoy folks; sure wish I was around to ride. I loved the little bit of riding I got on the 600 XC. Man, the Sunoco 94 octane makes er run great!! Cheers OB

·
Registered
711 Posts
gman250 said:
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the PERC, but more to do with the TEAM clutches. Mine has done it from new, dealer said it was normal. I researched it a little, and all research comes up as the noise as being normal. The driven clutch has lateral movement on the shaft that is part of the design, and I think this is where the noise comes from. Sometimes it also does if you brake / slow down quickly, stop, then pull away again. My2cents

your right, there are metal instead of plastic rollers in the team clutch. if you can, ease on the throttle till you start moving. then you wont hear that sound. but yep, its normal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts