Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has a polaris 800 storm......those are my favourite sleds and im thinking baout buying one, even tho i just baught my newer one a month ago.

If anyone has some pics of one, post em ! and how fast can this baby go?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wife's away with camera but I have a '94 and this thing is something. I know speedo's arent real accurate but according to this one Ive had it at 125 MPH!! I'm sure it's close because Ive clocked other sleds over 100 and you can feel the difference between 100 and 120. These sleds are a different breed. Ill post pic when she gets back.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
are those the ones that all of them looked exactly alike, and the key from one worked in all of them? they weretalking about it at a restaraunt we stopped at. apperently, they performed really well and had a lot of power (this coming from a bunch of skidoo riders who usually talk bad about polaris). i guess this one guy had one, and a bunch of them were parked around the place and it took him a while figuring out which was his.

but they must be very nice, if they got those kind of comments from those guys. it does look pretty cool. could've used something else besides purple IMO...

·
Registered
65 Posts
The one I'm talking about unfortunately is white with pink and purple striping but in know way would I consider it a womans sled unless she's into flat out speed!!! I will still post pics if the wife ever gets here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one other thing....seeing how the chassis are pretty much the same as the 600 tripples, could an engine swap be done to put an 800 tripple into a 1994 polaris indy 600 tripple?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts