Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Polaris 800 Edge X. The previous owner did not have the owners manual but told me I had to use synthetic oil because it had a variable exhaust??? I have a Ultra Touring that I use Polaris oil in, can I safely use this in the Edge X or do I really need different oil?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would try to find out what he used and use that. If you cant run it down as low as possible and add the new oil. mixing oil is not good it can either have a chemical reaction to the different additives in different brands, or it can sludge up and block the line. blocked line= no oil. you can drain the oil but i know on our storm if you drain the oil you have to bleed the system and thats a pain. I am not sure if you have to do it on the edge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
800 Edge X Oil

I just switched my 04 700 XCSP over to Klotz syn, Its expensive but it will burn alot cleaner and smell better too !
No need to drain down just add on top of whats there.
Dont cheep out on oil, it will extend the life of your machine.
Been using Klotz for years in my 200 Merc Outboard, Love the smell !!

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been using the recomended VES oil in my 01 xc600sp since I bought it brand new. In my expierience it doesn't keep the valves any cleaner than any other good grade synthetic oil. I am a firm believer in using good quality syntheic oils though. The way I see it you have invested alot of money in your sled why cheap out on something as critical as oil. I can tell you my cylinder walls and pistons don't have any visable wear or marks on them with over 4000 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
good to know on oil - my dealer didnt have any gold for ves but they had amsoil for ves so we shall see - he did say it wont smell as good but i plan on giving others my fumes not me:) - also said he cant keep their gold on the shelf - you veterans quit hogging it

·
Registered
87 Posts
i use the amsoil intersepter in both my 05's with ves and havent had a problem with them...knock on wood. its about 32 bucks a gallon here in mn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts