Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I found this set of pipes on ebay..
and im pretty sure this is the deal ive been waiting for.

02-05 Polaris RMK Pro X Edge 800 VES SLP Twin Pipes - eBay (item 170579292574 end time Jan-12-11 16:10:36 PST)

i jiust want to confirm they will fit on my 2005 x edge 800.

and also, on SLP website it says you should run 91 octane pump fuel or switch to race heads + use premix.

91 pump fuel isnt an option for me, but can i use the crap gas they sell here and add/mix+measure with octane boost?

I REALLY want these.

And they come with the stingers..never seen those before from slp

·
Super Moderator
16,806 Posts
You may want to call SLP to make sure the ProX pipes will fit a normal Edge chassis, there are a few differences. SLP is great at customer service and support. Ask them about the octane booster as well.

You can also look at the pipes on their web page and download installation instructions if you do get them.

www.startinglineproducts.com

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan,
Im also going to contact the seller, because it says they are from an RMK, but the title also says pro x and edge..
so whatever he used for advertising purposes is anoying, but ill find out what they originally out of.

·
Super Moderator
16,806 Posts
SLP lists a different part number for the RMK, so you will want to make sure before you plunk down the cash. I have a set of twins for a GEN II sitting in the attic because the guy that sold them to me said they were off of an Edge RMK. Spendy lesson.

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I talked to SLP tech, and the only difference is the shock tower mount, which i can purchase form SLP for 9.75. looks like a go!

·
Super Moderator
16,806 Posts
If you get 'em, and spend all the money and time to clutch and jet it to the pipes and are a little disappointed at the low to mid-range performance, just wait a second until you get up in the RPMs. Those pipes don't add hardly any HP down low, but really wake up the top end!

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I was given the go ahead to purchase, i went online only to find they had been sold 2 hours prior. Ive been looking for another set since.. Its really hard to find them, especially the race stingers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts