Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying the sled, but know nothing about them. It looks Very nice but the guy said the crankshaft has gone in it (what exactly does that mean....bearings or something....will the whole thing need to be replaced). About how much is it for a new one? Is it a hard fix? He is asking $125 for it.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
It probably means that the rod bearings seized on it. Cranks are expensive to rebuild, so usually a used one is found for it. Look at roughly $100 to $300 to replace the crank and seals/gaskets. Is that worth it to you?

·
Registered
711 Posts
just fyi, i had one for a while, took care of it and the rings on the pistons, since there was only one on those blizzards, kept breaking resulting on basically a rebuild each time, after the secound time, i ditched it. i feel they are money pits. i think you are looking at between say $500-$700 in repairs. that sound right smallengineguy?

anyway, jsut my thoughts

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
I think the aftermarket pistons can be purchased with a 2 ring setup. That's about the price range, though. If the chassis, track, seat, etc is in good shape, I'd consider a complete used engine for it, possibly for less money...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts