Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1979 John Deere Trailfire 340 that I cant get going. It starts with a Carb I have off a 440 with twin carbs. I ran it that way for a day or two it would run but was sluggish and ran a little rich. Then it stopped working all together and would only idle with the throttle wide open. I got looking and it floods on one cylinder. But I have good spark when I pull the plugs and look at them. Nice an blue spark but still seems to flood. Cleaned the carb countless times and still no differnce. It acts like my Pantera 5000 when a plug wire falls off but every time I check spark its good. What the heck is wrong?????

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh forgot to mention I also started it and disconnect the fuel line from the carb and ran it until it started dying then shut it off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No its not that I put the carb back on my pantera and was ridin the pantera around yesterday. I cleaned the carb before I put it on and after it stopped working so I dont think its the carb. I also have switched in differnet plugs. I have put in ngk bres9s I think and a set of champions, and some autolites no differnce. I know the fuel pump pumps good too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also I have the stock carb its a vm34 but it is all corroded from a mouse nest. So I swapped all the parts into my other vm34 and tried the stock jettin it also still is rich.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts