Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,387 Posts
Welcome
I would remove the carb and take it apart and clean it.
There is a How too section here that has a good write on how to
Then there is the fuel pump, it to can be rebuilt or at least cleaned.
I also recommend to replace all the fuel lines including the pick up in the tank.
Once all that is done, with your mouth, blow into the fuel tanks vent line to pressurize system

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do all the things that KC said. The fuel lines actually look like they have been replaced. But, it is a good Idea to start off with new stuff and then you know what you are working with. Get Tygon fuel line. It holds up better to the stuff they call gas now a days.

Also, the part between the fuel filter and the fuel tank is a on/off valve. In your photo it looks like it is turned off. This will stop the fuel from flowing. Make sure the red tip is lined up with the fuel line. That is the on position. 90 degrees to the side is the off position. You would turn it off when trailering so the carb does not flood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, I have removed the fuel pump and took it apart to check and it looks pretty clean inside, same with the carburetor regardless I cleaned the fuel pump and carb and am just waiting on new fuel line to come in, and I have tried with the valve open, I'm thinking it may the pick up in the tank, so I'm going to replace that as well

·
Registered
345 Posts
The fuel pump may be clean inside, but the rubber diaphragm could be hard and it will still not pump fuel. It is best to get a new fuel pump on this old of sled. They are not that expensive. Or, get a rebuild kit.

I know you are in Canada, but here is a link just to give you an idea about the replacement pump.

07-425 - Mikuni Type Single Fuel Pump | Snowmobile Parts | MFG Supply

Reactions: Cyruschardd

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
You should be able to pressurize the fuel tank and it will force fuel through the pump and into the carbs until the carbs are full. If that works, but you don't get any fuel flowing consistently, then your fuel pump is probably bad.

You can also try just removing the fuel lines from the carbs and pressurizing the tank. Of course, put the lines in a jar or something to catch fuel. That will tell you if the problem is before the carbs.

Don't do what I just did yesterday though. Pressurize the tank and got nothing but air and then looked in the tank only to realize that there was zero fuel in the tank. (d'oh!)

Reactions: Cyruschardd
1 - 8 of 8 Posts