Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie to sleds....RE-built the engine after bad crank seal melt down....I wanna modify the air intake/carb setting. Gonna keep the original Keihn carb, but wanna add a custom K&N air filter rather than that bulky silencer box. If I do this I realize I will have to change jetting on the sled. I believe this type of carb has a power jet on it as well.
My question is, what type of jetting will I have to switch to to account for the increase in air intake? The second question is whether or not this new air flow will affect the power jet activation.

·
Registered
27,165 Posts
The K&N is NOT going to increase air flow! There is NO filtration, nothing restricting air in an air box. and on that old Yami it will load that filter with fuel (piston port)! I wouldn't do it! If anything I would Loose that carb and go with a Mik.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KC. I talked to a yam dealer and he advised the same thing. Guess I will leave it alone. ANd yeah I should think about a diff carb, maybe a Mikuni from the SRX???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.