Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it matter much if i put a .020 bore and piston on one of the cylinders and leave the other 2 stock ????

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
KEEP THE PISTONS SIZE THE SAME, THEY WILL WORK AGAINST EACH OTHER IF THEY DIFFERNT SIZED HOPE THIS HELPS

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
YOU WILL HAVE SLIGHTLY DIFFERNT COMP AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REJET THAT CYL AND ITS NOT THAT YOU CAN'T DO IT. IWOULD, IN MY OPION, PATCH HER UP AND UP GRADE TO A NEWER TWIN. SKI-DOO HAD ALOT OF TROUBLE WITH THEIR EARLY TRIPLES AND WHATS TO SAY YOU DUMP ALOT OF MONEY IN IT AND SOMETHING ELSE CRAPS. THEY HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEIR CRANKS AND CRANK BEARINGS

·
Registered
7 Posts
ceasar01, What 01MXZ800 is trying to say is it wont work, your comp will differ, and they will never be in sink 2 will always work agant the one cyl. Either bore them all, or just sell me the motor.

·
Registered
97 Posts
not sure how bad it would be... I know of someone who got a did that to a polaris triple. They replaced one piston, had it bored out, not sure how much, and then had the other 2 honed (don't know how to spell it) and there was a bit of a compression difference but only about 5psi. Better off asking whoever is gonna do the work for you... they should know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts