Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this sled for 100 bucks and it runs pretty well, but as the purchase price indicates, most parts on it need replacement/overhauling. In the spring I intend to replace the one (?) shock under the tunnel. In the meantime, is there any adjustment I can make to the suspension? When I sit on the sled it tends to sink to what I think is a bottom-out point and I wondered if there were anything I could do for now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure if the 78 chassis is the same as the 77, but on the 77 there is nuts you can tighten to tension the springs. If you locate the big coil springs on the sides, on the ends there should be a nut. Loosen the jam nut first then tighten the "outer" one. Tighten the jam nut back up and good to go.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Be careful while doing this though. At the very least use a good penetrating oil like PB Blaster. Soak for a couple hours and give it a few raps with a hammer. If it doesnt come loose, repeat. Just trying to save you a headache!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Be careful while doing this though. At the very least use a good penetrating oil like PB Blaster. Soak for a couple hours and give it a few raps with a hammer. If it doesnt come loose, repeat. Just trying to save you a headache!
The threads? And what doesn't come lose?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The lock nut that holds the spring tension, and the adjustment nut. Just saying to use oil not to snap anything. Never hurts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts