Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a backyard way to get this clutch off of the motor? I need to replace the internal parts and there's just not enough room to do it while it's in the sled. Removal of the motor looks to be a total pain in the butt as well and want rather get the clutch completely off the motor. Looked in the shop manual and it doesn't say what to do here. Also, can this be done with out a special removal tool????

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Yes, the "official" tool is a two parter, consisting of a bolt and a hardened pin that fits into the stub.

Start by removing the center bolt and then the larger Hex head center piece.
You can match the threads to a standard bolt and use the "hydraulic" method to get it off.
I have just used a (I think it's 3/4"x 2"thread length) bolt with thread tape on it and fill the hole with oil or water. (tip the sled on it's side)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the "official" tool is a two parter, consisting of a bolt and a hardened pin that fits into the stub.

Start by removing the center bolt and then the larger Hex head center piece.
You can match the threads to a standard bolt and use the "hydraulic" method to get it off.
I have just used a (I think it's 3/4"x 2"thread length) bolt with thread tape on it and fill the hole with oil or water. (tip the sled on it's side)
OK. I think I understand but not sure on the "hydraulic" method. You are saying if I fill that hole with a bunch of oil and start cranking a bolt in there it will pop off?????

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well not sure if your clutch is the same i know they varied some but i just pulled one and its a 7/8-14 (fine thread)

some were a 9/16 fine thread just have to measure and try the bolt it should screw in by had more than a turn or two with out forceing it DONT FORCE THE WRONG ONE IN OR YOU WILL BE CUTTING OFF THE CLUTCH AND GETTING A NEW ONE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.