Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I desperately need the hood hinge for this sled. I also need the switch on the right side of the handle bar. Not sure if it will seperate from the throttle or not. I would like to have a tach and speedo too. Let me know what you have. Thx

·
Registered
36 Posts
By the switch on the right side, do you mean the kill switch? You can find that online for reasonably cheap, and it should come apart from the throttle box.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, you should be able to find that pretty cheap online and if I recall, all that holds the throttle box together is a few screws and the kill switch should come out of it when you take it apart.

·
Live to ride
2,682 Posts
I happen to have a kill switch from a 81 jag 440.

I really dont know what it is worth though.

I have a 81 jag 440 that I am parting out let me know if the parts off it will work for you.

I dont know when I will get time to take anything off it at the moment.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I guess that no one has the parts I need except for scammers. :(

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THX Polaris500. I'm waiting to see if I can find the hood hinge and it appears I need a header and muffler too so if I can't get those I'm gonna either just sell it as is or part it out.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
'99polaris, don't think my first responce was intended to you. I had gotten a PM from a newbie to the site that said he had everything I needed even though he couldn't remember what I needed. Price was good though at $40!!!!!

·
Live to ride
2,682 Posts
just let me know if you need any parts. I have all the major parts exept the chaincase.

I guess I do have the chaincase but it is torn apart

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK thanks. I think I need a muffler and y-pipe. Is that different for the 440 motor?

·
Live to ride
2,682 Posts
I'm not sure, what size is yours 340, 250?

I will do a little checking around and I see what I can find

·
Live to ride
2,682 Posts
I will look tomorow, and see if it looks the same.

Whats wrong with it? it looks fine in the picture

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 79 Jag 340 for sale in Columbus if you want it. It hauls ass. It too will need a carburetor refreshening though, I went to clean the jets out and make adjustments, and found the gaskets to be torn up. Strong compression, good seat, nice sled for its age. I will p/m my contact info to you. I only joined the forum to see if someone wanted my Jag, but I might stick around:) I have 2 other sleds!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I PM'd you back. Rather just have parts unless you want to give the whole thing away :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK. Thanks. Yes that's more than 4 times of what I paid for my sled which sounds like it's in the same condition as yours.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts