Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody, I'm about to buy a '76 Ski-Doo T'NT 340 from one of my buddies. It doesn't have an ownership, but the guy only wants $50 for it. I would like to be able to put a trail permit on it, and I was wondering if you can still transfer sleds without actually having the ownerhip? I live in Ontario.

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
uhm, I don't know if it's the same up there.. but you can put in for a lost title, and as long as you have some form of bill of sale (have your buddy write one up) it's pretty much a done deal, then you can get a trail permit for it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Same here in Michigan, make sure the vin is correct and on the reciept. I had to do the same on my Yamaha last year, I was superised at how simple it was.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay, thanks guys. I know that you USED to be able to do that in Ontario... but I had heard something about the laws getting changed up here and I was just checking before I went to the MTO office and got told I was SOL.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm pretty sure the guy who it's registered to has to get the new ownership then transfer it to you. Call your mto office to make sure though. It should only cost him 5 or $10 to do it. Where in Ontario are you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.