Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had the left coil go out on my liquifire. So I replaced and it worked perfect for about a day or two. Now, it runs but the left coil is not putting out a full spark, only about half as strong as it should be. Any ideas?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Put a fresh spark plug on the left side and recheck. If ya got full spark again, problem solved, if not, another bad coil.

A coil going bad will smoke a spark plug for ya, they are used to "X" amount of voltage, and if it drops below that they will go bad.

Also, make sure you have good clean grounds on everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I switched plugs from side to side. Same deal. Using a spark tester w/ a light and the right side shows full strength while the left is half bright. I was wondering if it had something to do w/ the brainbox since it pretty well burned the new one out in two days

·
Registered
477 Posts
Those sleds are bullet proof, but the only downfall is the american made ignition (prestolite). The coils under the flywheel are known for going bad. They have a highspeed and lowspeed pickup that are known for going bad to. Sounds like you got it figured out though. Hopfully everything stays working for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts