Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 75 Sno Twister 340. seemed to be complete, I rebuilt the engine and put it back together. I broke in the engine and started running at higher RPM and blew the headlight and tail light out. I figuered Voltage reglator... problem is I don't see one. Like I said the sled looks complete but maybe someone removed it or it does't have one. Let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I looked up and down, in and out. I don't see a "typical" regulator anywhere. I'm guessing someone rifled the original. The harness does have cut wires in it but none red.
I had an old Jag at one time that had a regulator that had 2 wires. One went to ground and the other to the hot wire in the harness. Do you think I can install one of these.
Are there any Merc. guys out there that may know ?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are awesome !!! The diagram does show a 2 wire... but there isn't one there. I'll pick one up and let you know.

Thanks for a great website !!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
The schematic doesn't neccessarily mean that there is literally 2 wires. The one goes to ground which could be accomplishes through the mounting of the body of the regulator to the chassis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts