Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '73 Cheetah 440 that is a fun machine when you get it started. It seems to be a carb issue. It currently has a walbro carb but I thought maybe it would be better served with a seperate mikuni fuel pump with a mikuni carb. Anybody have any thoughts or experience with this conversion? I am just tired of pulling my guts out getting this thing started.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
i put on a carb from a 440 yamaha phazer i found in a junk yard it was a single carb from a 440 motor if you get one from a dual carb motor jets will be smaller, you have to change the throttle lever so the slide will open all the way, they say one from a 74 cheetawill work. Mine run's great with the set up, more reliable. just rember to check the plugs after you switch carb's out and make sure it's not to rich, or to lean.

·
Registered
75 Posts
dont know if you already have carb but i believe i have a carb off a late 70s ski doo 440 if you need one let me know i can check it out and make sure its in good shape

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that I would try to rebuild this carb.... Emphasis on TRY... After following all the instructions in the sticky's and in the kit, this thing now idles like a dream... at 9k rpms!! Who has a Mikuni off of a 440 they would part with? Let me know!

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update, I have this beast idling at a mild 2k now. I re-reassembled it again just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Well I did, the big crack in the flange mounting gasket!! I replaced it and set all of the screws back to stock settings and voila! It runs !! Thanks for the help and input!:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts