Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Snow Man
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I got my backup sled out today to clean it up and get it ready for the season. My brother used it at the end of last season because his cat was in the shop. Anyway, I started it up and the primary was making some weird noise. So I removed it to investigate. All but 3 springs are snapped. I tried looking on dennis kirk and manufactures supply but could not find a rebuild kit. I have a 73 440 out of a cheeta but the clutch is not the same and will not bolt up. I guess I could swap the whole engine but I don't know how many hours are on it, besides the fact that I just rebuilt the 72 last year and it runs realy well. Does anyone know where I could source these spings?? I though of maybe getting a whole new clutch or even a new spyder as well. It looks like it would be about 200.00 for a clutch or 40.00 for a spyder, I want to keep the cost down as much as possible though.

Thanks alot,

Fess

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
You'll be able to get the springs through the dealer pretty cheaply. It's a common wear part they should still have.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
yeah. dealer will have it for sure. check out all the arctic cat microfiches too for pricing.

·
The Snow Man
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks guys. The closest CAT dealer is over an hour away but I'll give it a shot..

Thanks again,

Fess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts