Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up to camp in Andover Maine this weekend.. Friend brought his ol 71 elan up a few years back and left it there, got it goin and too it down the trail behind camp for a bit.. Opened the hood looked at the engine, belt looked pretty new infact my friend said wow looks like a fiarly new belt. i did notice that it looked to be a little loose but didnt think anything of it.. and me and my freidns were screwin around ridin down the trail about 1 mile away and what happens? Belt Blows apart!:mad: hadta walk back to camp dad was wonderin where the hell we/sled were and we told him gotta go get it with the 4 wheeler and tow it back (hoped we didnt run into any snowmobilers.. cause its illegal to ride a 4 wheeler on a maintained snowmobile trail) well any way we towed it back to camp and put it back where it was hoping my friend wont notice theres no belt:p it was shredded the little notches were totally gone except for like a total or 10..

lesson learned: dont ride a very old sled that hasnt been run for years very far from camp!!:p

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess so

1 - 3 of 3 Posts