Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought my first Johnson sled and it was someone else’s project what a mess. Motor has to be pulled apart due to the guy taking out the crank seal trying to get the primary off and breaking the clutch in the process. How does the remaining part of the clutch on the shaft come off? Are parts available to rebuild this motor where would I find them? What year clutches will work with this sled? What year parts will interchange with sled? He said the eng ran before he tried to pull it apart. Body’s in pretty good shape except for a small hole in the belly pan near the left strut. Seems like most everything is there. Tracks all there. I got it for $175 how did I do??? I would love to get it back on the snow but I don't want to go broke in the process, is she worth saving or part it out? Pics when I get her in the garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 69 skee horse as well carbs missing. Anyone know what number tillotson it needs? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
As the poster above you said, try the vintage forums he linked. That is all they do and talk about. Most likely they will be able to tell you in no time not too mention someone might even have one for sale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts