Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i am just wondering if someone can give me some advice about my machine i have a 1989 650 polaris indy i just got it be for winter first polaris i have ever owned i had it out last weekend it ran great i went over 20 miles with it at the end of the trip it seemed to bog down i just figured that maybe it would clear itself up but i went to start it yesterday and now it wont go so i checked a few things today i took the boils off and cleaned them out and check for spark all cylinders are firing just wondering what i should do next thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
16,783 Posts
My 650 used to foul plugs pretty often which resulted in the sled running like you describe. I finally removed the plug wire ends and replaced them with NGK one-piece ones. When I replaced the ends (they just screw on the wire) I cut about 1/8" off the wire to make sure I had a good contact. Try it, it's not too expensive and could solve your problem :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey dan thanks for your advice the only thing is. is that it has lots of spark to all three cylinders and it has n g k plug wires already on it what else do you think it might be thanks again

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
just try replacing your plugs first.

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
My sled did the same thing last year. Ran great, hit some powder, and it bogs down and runs like crap. New plugs and I was good to go!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi again iam hoping that it is a fuel problem i drained all of the gas out of the tank today. maybe i got a bad batch of gas i have lots of spark to all cylinders and the plugs are new i also took the line out of the tank and checked the filter inside of the tank i will put new gas in and go from there if that still does not work i would apprieciate some more advice thanks again jonaldo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts