Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to see if anyone has done a 600 triple swap into a 91 indy 500? Im looking to see if the base plate bolts will be the same and will te belt and clutch remain the same. Also as for fuel will stock fuel pump move enough gas to work or must i upgrade to a dual pump? Any input would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
y not go with a 600 twin motor its lighter than the triple and prolly has more low end and it would prolly fit a little eaisier.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yeah, if ya are gonna do it, go twin. Unless you have a 600 trip sitting around??? I suspect this is the case. Either way i would be curious to see if the bolts match on the Chasis and engine. If you run a triple make sure from a dealer that the pump for the twin 500 is enough. i have a feeling it wont pump enough fuel for a triple. Maybe enough for a twin 600, but tripple may be pushing it. The cluthching may also be different due to the increase in power. Both primary and secoundary, again i would double check with either a dealer or somone who has done this before. either way i know it can be done.

wish i could be of more assistance. good luck!

dano

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info, i can get a deal on a 600 triple which is why i ask. Im gonna take some measuremnts i guess and go form there. Thanks. ill let u know how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts