Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would just start a new thread for this question.

Me and my brother in-Law, both purchused a 600 rush at the same time this winter season.

He's went threw a whole jug of Oil already and im still above the add line.

and now he is having alot of trouble with his sled. He went out for a ride one day, stoped at a gas station filled up. and has been having trouble ever since.

his sled keeps on sputering, it will backfire once and while. and also when hes driving it will just suddenly die out. it dies out alot on him when hes driving.

Anyone have any suggestion on what may be the problem with his machine.

Thank you

·
Registered
209 Posts
well considering that you just got them this season i would take it into the dealership i am sure they both have warranty coverage and there is def something wrong there. also for future reference do not use gas that has ethanol in it, its not friendly with 2 strokes and i am sure those 600s like higher octane .

hope this helps

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
new plugs, probably have a stuck oil injector

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah dont let anyone tell you that you need to run anything other then 87. Unless its tuned for it - its wasted money.

I'd replace the plugs like was mentioned about and either seafoam the gas or better yet dump the stuff out that you just got and add some fresh, known good gas.

Treating the gas is probably just as good, but after having a burn down due to bad gas - I'm just edgy to due anything but dump it out. Funny enough it ends up in my truck... but its not so fussy!

Definitely get it to your local stealer to have that oil issue checked out!

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
id take it to the dealer & let them straighten
it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts