Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Powder extreme triple with 900 miles. It quit after running for about 10 seconds and would not restart. I checked plugs and had good spark. Plugs were wet. I replaced plugs and cleared fuel out of cylinders thinking that it was flooded. That did not work either. Any ideas? Could it be a problem with kill switch or a fuse? ANy ideas would help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spark

Yes, spark is good on all 3 plugs. Has anyone experienced problems with the air fuel mixture?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update: Problem is lack of fuel. Snowmobile starts when I poor fuel into the cylinders and runs until fuel is spent. Next question, what is best approach to troubleshoot fuel problem. I suspect it is the fuel pump.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This may sound silly but how much gas is in the tank?Try putting more gas in.My buddy had a similar problem this fall and he added more gas and it started right up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem found!

I got it figured out folks. I read a tip that problem may be with tank pressure. I blew into vent tube and blocked second tube with my thumb. I could see fuel move through the line. It started right up after that. Any one have any ideas on what causes this condition?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts