Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new machine and after one trip out decided it should have some studs. I talked to the dealer and they said I'd have to install tunnel protectors. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to install them.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
ALL YOU NEED IS THE NYLON TUNNEL PROTECTORS ON THE LEGEND. ALL THAT RIVITING IS FOR THE REV CHASSIS. ZX CHASSIS USE SLIDE IN PROTECTORS. STOCK ONES ARE 1/4-1/2 INCH,THE ONES FOR STUDS ARE 3/4-1 INCH AND JUST SLIDE INTO GROOVES IN HEAT EXCHANGER.(HAVE TO REMOVE REAR SNOFLAP)

·
got snow?
93 Posts
All you have to do is pull off your snowflap(you have to drill out four rivits)Skidoo comes with tunnel protectors installed from the factory you need to change them to taller ones. Once the snowflap is off you will see them in the tunnel.They are in the radiator you need to pry the end of the fins open slide the old ones out you may need to open the two of the four square holes at the end of the tunnel up a bit to get the taller ones to slide in(I had to) recrimp the fins at the end and rivit or bolt snowflap back on and your done.Takes about 20 min to do.;) Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts