Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE

I got it running, maybe a little high on the idle. but seams to rev ok.

But i have more questions :)
What is this? it is in the air box, do it measure the airflow? what is it called in English?
i did run it both with it connected and disconnected, as disconnected it ran very rich.

What i have found out so far is that is that the block at least is chared between these models.

599 SCEM 88BA casting number.

2001-2004 Mountain Cat 600
2002-2005 Pantera 600
2001-2003 ZL 600
2001-2002 ZR 600

Ogrinial post.

Hi!

First of all, just to make it clear, iam Swedish, so my English might suck, and might not understand it properly either.

i found a Arctic Cat ZR 440 Sno Pro from the year 2000 with a 600 EFI (599cc on the block) fun sled, but i dont know if it is a Cross or Country version.
Now to the issue, it has started to run on WOT and stuck in that position. (it dose start every time on 3rd pull, but revs up to full throttle asap) So i will take it apart and look for the problem.
The thing is, i need to find out more of my engine. is there a lot of different 600 EFI models / editions? and is there a way to identify exactly what i have in my sled? Any number that shows what the engine comes from? Here in Sweden then you look for parts all the websites wants the sled model to direct you to the right engine parts.

kind of tricky then it dont has it stock engine, i kind of did know what i was getting in to with a switched out engine like this, but it was to tempting :)

The good thing, i got the sled for a good price so i am not that bumbed out if i cant get it to work, but it is damn fun to ride. so i will try to fix this issue.
i am usually a boat guy, i now my Mercury engine´s, but snowmobiles i am new to.

Best Regards from Sweden :)

Attachments

·
Registered
26,187 Posts
Welcome
If it is a true SnoPro it would have a clear fuel tank (Race Model)
But what it looks like is a ZR600 EFI
I would Highly suggest removing the air box and looking for a Mouse House!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome
Hi, clear you mean white?
It is registered at our gov as a ZR 440 but engine block is 599..

i will remove the air box and share the info.

EDIT: oh i forgot, this one is a bit different from our ZL 600 EFI we have, sled wise.
Is there any more things you want to see to identify the sled?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome
I got it running, maybe a little high on the idle. but seams to rev ok.

But i have more questions :)
What is this? it is in the air box, do it measure the airflow? what is it called in English?
i did run it both with it connected and disconnected, as disconnected it ran very rich.

View attachment 66218

What i have found out so far is that is that the block at least is chared between these models.

599 SCEM 88BA casting number.

2001-2004 Mountain Cat 600
2002-2005 Pantera 600
2001-2003 ZL 600
2001-2002 ZR 600

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is an air temperature sensor.
are they known to be an issue?

strange thing is it seams to be ok again, after i disconnected the box and the air temp sensor and connected them again.
I suspect that the contacts have corroded, and that I pulled them out and put them in made the engine run well again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That seems like a pretty reasonable conclusion... it may not be a bad idea to check all the other sensors and make sure they are making good contact, as well...
well, have no clue, but that´s all i did, :)

do we know if the air temp sensor often breaks? or is that a "Rock solid" sensor?
and i have a question about the fuel regulator the red arrow pointing to some kind of "outlet" do this need to be connected for vaccum or is it just drainage? :)

EDIT: you know, the stuff is old AF, this frankenstein sled need some love now during this summer :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
That stuff looks exactly like the Polaris system so far. They weren't shy about copying that. Those sensors never fail, very low tech. unless they have connection problems. That fuel regulator does connect to a vacuum line somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That stuff looks exactly like the Polaris system so far. They weren't shy about copying that. Those sensors never fail, very low tech. unless they have connection problems. That fuel regulator does connect to a vacuum line somewhere.
ok, cuz at the moment its not been used for some time, due to the looks of that pipe out, it wouldn't corrode it it was covered with a "soft pipe".

Well everything except the top says Suzuki on the engien. so i assume Arctic Cat just bought ready tech from Suzuki and put there name on the top. at the sparkplugs. Suzuki dose a lot of outsourced jobs regarding engine´s. So i assume its the same in this case.

i am trying to find a (ruffly translated from Swedish) "exploded view" blueprint. any one know if i need to buy a book or can i find it online. need to find the vacuum place to connect it to, some where on the block i assume.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts

Click Arctic Cat and then there is 2 files one is for 2000 Service Manual the other is 2001 Service Manual probably about the best you are going to do for free unless you can order one from a dealer over there

·
Registered
26,187 Posts
That is a vent for the fuel pressure regulator!
That sled looks very stock
It looks like a 2000 ZR 600efi.
Cat had more than a hand in designing and production of THAT motor for That sled!
The air temp sensor if bad would throw a code a set of flashing or blinking LEDS on the computer!

Ask away what do you want to know about it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is a vent for the fuel pressure regulator!
That sled looks very stock
It looks like a 2000 ZR 600efi.
Cat had more than a hand in designing and production of THAT motor for That sled!
The air temp sensor if bad would throw a code a set of flashing or blinking LEDS on the computer!

Ask away what do you want to know about it?
The Sled is a ZR 440 with a 600 EFI motor, but i dont know what sled the motor comes from.

·
Registered
26,187 Posts
What makes you say it is a 440 the Hood?
That may have been changed! The 440 was Not efi!
If you call Cat them self with the vin number they can tell you everything about that sled!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What makes you say it is a 440 the Hood?
That may have been changed! The 440 was Not efi!
If you call Cat them self with the vin number they can tell you everything about that sled!
Look at the first post, picture at the end, it's registered as a zr440 then it arrived to Sweden in year 2000. All our snowmobiles are registered as a car or a motorcycle.

·
Registered
26,187 Posts
In that last pic it shows it has Power valves, that should make it an 02?
So how did they get a fuel pump into that tank?
It really does look like a stock ZR600efi

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In that last pic it shows it has Power valves, that should make it an 02?
So how did they get a fuel pump into that tank?
It really does look like a stock ZR600efi
dont get me wrong, i would love it to be a stock ZR600 Sled, would be so much easier to find parts then i know what it is. But as the first post. i have this picture.
RCS907 is my "licens plate number" on the sled. and the picture under the picture with information from Transport Styrelsen, this lable is on the belt cover.

i dont know how they got it in there, if there is one. but i assume its custom mod if it is like that by looking just at the air box, the air box do looke like a frankenstein job has been done.
i would not be surprised if i finde a custom mod under the tank.

The info about Power Valves is rely good info. it narrow is down much more on what engine it can be so thank you :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts