Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '03 Mountain Cat 600 EFI, 136"/1.25" Track, Stock. I have had to replace the hyfax at 350 miles, even though snow conditions have been ideal. The slides worn at the front idler wheel location. The dealer replaced the hyfax and installed another set of idler wheels next to the orginal ones.
I am disappointed with the Top Speed of the machine, as it maxs out at 80 MPH, I was expecting a little better top end. The bottom end is not bad.
There is also a vibration above 40 MPH at constant speeds. Not really a vibration, but more like slides sticking or brake pads grabbing. Slides are OK and I can't find issue with the Brakes, other than the disc is fairly hot during normal use.
I was wondering if anybody has had similar problems with their machine? Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What is your RPM @ 80mph? If your APV's aren't opening - you will not reach max RPM or speed. Something else to check out!

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
make sure your track isn't running too tight, that will hurt your top speed and burn hyfax like crazy. And the vibration is probably normal, i've been told that the larger lugs are on sled the more prone to vibration they are, i know the firecats with the 1.375 tracks supposedly have quite a bit of vibration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts