Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am a new member and have a question about my 2001 600 edge.i recently installed a boost bottle,v force 3 reeds,mbrp silencer and a hammer time clutch kit using recommended weight.i am having trouble getting it to idle when cold.i need to keep toggling the choke.once hot it is good.also it only hits 7500 rpm wide open and im losing alot of top end,what adjustments do i need to make.any input would be appreciated.

thanks mike in CANADA

·
Registered
205 Posts
deff. check your jetting. thats alot of mods to not change your jets, and even if you did, they prolly arent right. it sounds like it's running pretty lean. also, they dont really seem to go TOO much over 7500, thats where i am when i'm doing 80-90. they have alot more in acceleration and top speed, but not alot at mid-high speeds. also, those are nice sleds!! it should go really good when you get $hit figured out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
do any of you guys know how fast a polaris 600 xc goes ?
any info would be great thanks alex

·
Registered
205 Posts
umm. in the '01 Port-A-Tree Shoot-Out, an xc 600 went 91.46 in the quarter mile, a zr 600 went 86.04, mxz 600 went 81.66, srx 600 went 80.93, the zr 800 went 89.10, that means the xc 600 was faster out-of-box. but, i guarantee the zr 800 is faster once it is broken in. all those speeds are straight off the showroom floor. they put gas, oil, and whatever else they need to do, and take 'em for 2 rips. those speeds are the best of 2 for each sled. i know that a '03 xc 600 is faster than an '02 zr 600 efi, but the zr has 1.25 lugs, the xc had 1.00.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hillbilly800, I'm not so sure that the cat 800 will pick up enough to beat the 600 xc. In 2001 My friend had a 600 Edge X and he was running it against a 800 ZL and was very consistantly beating it in short and long runs on the lake. It wasn't until the fella on the 800 ZL did some extensive work with upgrades that he was able to beat the 600 X.
As far as the 2003 model 600 XC and even the 2004 600 XC they are very quick. My brother has the 2003 and my best friend has the 2004 and I have ran both of them with my 2003 800 Edge X and I can honestly say that either they are just about dead even with my 800. I know that both 600s are bone stock, as is my 800, and who wins depends on who hooks up better. If I don't get a good start I can't catch up even going accross the lake.

·
Registered
205 Posts
naw, i smoke 600's with my 800, my friend has an '03 600 with a clutch kit, and when mine only had a clutch kit in it, we werent even close. but yes, they are extremely fast. i kinda wish i had a 600. i dont really need an 8.

·
Registered
427 Posts
redlightning said:
hello i am a new member and have a question about my 2001 600 edge.i recently installed a boost bottle,v force 3 reeds,mbrp silencer and a hammer time clutch kit using recommended weight.i am having trouble getting it to idle when cold.i need to keep toggling the choke.once hot it is good.also it only hits 7500 rpm wide open and im losing alot of top end,what adjustments do i need to make.any input would be appreciated.

thanks mike in CANADA
My 01 600 and all I know like it around 8000 rpm. They all idle like sh-- when cold unless you go up a size with the PAJ. I've got the stock airbox, slp bottle, and stock can, 410 jets with the needle clip in the position next to the richest, Stock clutch springs with 60 gram weights and the secondary in the maximum upshift position. Holds about 8100-8200. When newer this setup held 8000rpm. My sled has about 3000 miles on her now.

BTW I can whip a lot of 700s but could never touch my buds 800 xcsp.

·
Registered
27 Posts
800 Edge X

Hillbilly, I just found out about the recall for the CDI box and rejetting from my dealer. He claims that after the put the new CDI in that it should help me get some better performance. I'm not sure if this was only on the 2003s or not. Is yours a 2003 ? If it is have you had your CDI box changed ? and if you did, how much difference did it make?

·
Registered
205 Posts
look at my sig. my sled runs tip-top. EXTREMELY fast. yea, deff. do that, it's not going right if you're almost gettin beat by a 2 year older 600. i'm gonna race my friends 600 again soon and i'll let you know the exact outcome of the race. that and my other friends '02 ZR 600 efi cce. last w/end that was smoking the polaris, but every other time the polaris just walks on by the zr.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the new CDI on my sled ad am going to Tug Hill, NY tommorrow for the week and I will let you know the outcome when I get back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well I took my sled out and there didn't seem to be any difference. This past week is the first time I have had a chance to run it accross the lake since studding it and I am very dissapointed. I don't know what to do next, my 800 doesn't run with the 600s. On top end i'm now getting beat by a 2001 ZL 600. I can beat him off the line bacause I have studs but he pulls away on top end I hate to even think about what a xc 600 is going to do against me now. I think I am going to have to start a new thread and see what help I can get

1 - 11 of 11 Posts