Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
swapping out motors after some serious bearing issues on my 583. anyhow swap is complete but i need to know if the 96 formula z harness wire colors all do the same things as the 90 617 motor wires as they are the same colors but many years different

Yellow/Black and Yellow=Voltage Regulator
Black/Yellow=Key Switch
Black, Black/Red and Black/White= CDI
Violet=Temp Sensor

also i got it all done and had spark but it was weak with 617 cdi and 583 coil. i swapped the coils and then had nothing. thinkin 617 coil posts are rusted off inside (the didn't look very good). got a new 1 on its way... ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
question is are wires on 96 formula z chases the same colors as 1990 617 motor? plugins don't match so i gotta hard wire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IT'S ALIVE!!! every thing works good except tach don't read right(think it needs pick up coil for the right amount of power). Had to use 583 pipe with 617 can and 583 air box because the correct pipe and air box would't fit under the hood... have to do some fine tuning or re-jetting though, don't seem to have much top end. Other than that everything seems to be working the way it's supposed to.

Any input on the top end issue? need answers ASAP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts