Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed pipes and a black magic clucth kit on my sled. The primary clucth now engages around 4800 besides the 3800 that it used too. The problem that I am having is the sled bogs down from 4800 til around 5500 then it will take right off. Is my problem with the clucht or something else?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've done this sled both ways for 2 different friends. Pipe and clutch on this sled really wakes it up. I've never had one give me a problem. If you installed the kit correctly it should work fine. How many miles is on it?. Are all the bushings good on the front and rear? I can't remember if the driven clutch grts a new spring or not? Did the kit have a front spring, rear spring,helix and weights.? There are two different kits but thats the one that works best. I have also done the chip and it does get better gas mileage and smoke less, it did seem to have a little more on bottom and top.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kit

The sled has 1600 miles on it I put a front spring on it and a rear helix with the .90 spacer under it and front weights I also put the pipes on it and the EFI chip. The rear clutch still has the stock spring in which is positioned in the center hole. The sled engages at 4800 and doesn't take off until it gets around 5500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts