Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow sledders. First time posting here. I have an 07 trail touring with the 550 fan. I bought it last year with a completely rebuilt engine. After about 100 miles it sucked a reed through on clutch side. I pulled it apart and replaced all of them with OEM parts. We usually use the sled around our property just taking the grandkids for rides. Last weekend we hit the trails and within 1 hour it started losing power at low speed Sure enough another reed. This time it was the other side. Dealer says it’s not a common problem so bring it in. Not doing that. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes all screws were in place as I used loctite on them when I replaced them. Just strange that one side then the other went. Both times they were OEM and almost new

·
Registered
967 Posts
I would be replacing the entire reed cage as well. Just do a complete kit as it sounds like that one cage has an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Did a visual and the cages looked good. However maybe 1 is bad and I didn’t notice it and maybe switched sides when I put it back together last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts