Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what different heads they used on fuji 500's? I have a 1997 classic and the head has a E-2 on it and another head that has a E-4 on it. The E-4 has a deeper dome I was told it is off a 1997 RMK , thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't have an answer, but more of a question.

Is it possible that the larger dome head is from a 488 fan cooled engine to keep a lower compression ratio? And the smaller dome head is from the liquid cooled engine to get more performance with higher compression? Or are heads totally different between a/c and l/c?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The E-2 head is 23cc and the E-4 head is 29cc. Any idea how much the compession would drop, thanks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have a '91 head that has a E4 on it...The E looks more like a backwards upside down 3 though...

Get me thinking though...Shave a E2 0.020" and let er buck. hahaha

·
Registered
323 Posts
XC rider, Fan cooled heads have fins to dissipate the heat, liquid heads are relatively smooth looking.

And for any 500 liquid guys in MN, I have a used head and a high compression copper head gasket for an 89 or 89 500 liquid I'll sell cheap. I dont remember the measurement on that head gasket, but its like .010 thinner than a stock used head gasket that has already been seated once. I never did use it, I scattered the engine and parted out the sled, thats all I have left of the old girl now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts