Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have the cylinders and brand new pistons put in the engine im about to put the magneto and the clutch and all the shrouds back on, im wondering how to make sure the magneto is set right and what happens if you move it one way or the other, does this control the timing of the engine? Also How do you set the oil pump to the right setting and is there a certain way you have to orient the clutch or can you just slide it on any way?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
oil pump has markings on it, one for lining up the lever at idle and the other for wide open... i would think the clutch can go on any way you want although if you marked its alignment b4 you took it off and reinstalled it that way it would maybe be better, but i dont think you are loosing to much by putting it on different. i think the mag should go on only one way with 2 degrees either way, and that affects timing but i'm not to sure how it is lined up to start with

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for the info i saw the marking on the oil pump and kinda figured thats what they meant but i wanted to make sure i dont want to burn up my brand new engine. As for the magneto i know where it was when i took it off so i can put it back on in the same orientation i just want to make sure it was in the right spot before i put it all back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts